Chest Pain: The Dangers and How Could it Affect You?
Ever felt a massive chest pain that could bring tears out of your eyes? Even mild symptoms of chest pain could prove to be a dangerous sign when not treated properly. For undergoing treatment, it is important to diagnose the right cause of your chest pain. The cardiac chest pain can be life-threatening. Chest pain can affect you in a number of ways, and this is why it is important to have the right treatment take place.
Key symptoms for chest pain
Chest pain could relate to severe damage to your body if you do not conduct proper treatment. It is always important to have the right treatment done while diagnosing the pain.
Heart-Based Chest Pain
Heart-based chest pain can easily be considered one of the most dangerous forms of pain to happen. If not diagnosed or treated immediately, they could lead to severe damage to your body.
- You may feel high pressure on your chest along with slight burning or tightness.
- Heart-based pain could lead to shortness of breath and could prove to be severe.
- You may experience random cold sweats.
- Searing or crushing pain is a normal symptom. It may be seen randomly in your back, jaw, or neck. It could also be possible in your arms.
- Another common symptom could be long-stagnant pain. This pain could last for a few minutes leading to severe damage.
- You may experience regular dizziness or weakness in your body.
- Nausea or vomiting could be another key symptom of heart-based chest pain.
2. Other symptoms of chest pain
Chest pain may not only happen because of your heart. But there could be many more symptoms that show up because of such chronic pain. Here are some of them, and you can have a look at them.
- One of the common symptoms of such pain could be a sour taste or no sensation of food at all, even while you are chewing.
- Sometimes because of pain, you may have a lot of difficulties swallowing the food.
- Sometimes when you change your body position, you may experience a lot of pain.
- Another common symptom is pain that grows bigger even when you cough.
- Heartburn is another symptom that is rarely seen during chest pain. It could be a bit painful and also burning, leading to severe damage.
What causes of chest pain ?
There could be a number of causes that relates to severe chest pain, and it is very important for diagnosis to find the right source of the pain. Remember one thing without proper diagnosis. It becomes difficult for any physician to complete the treatment.
- Heart Attack
When there is a blockage in blood flow, you could undergo a massive heart attack. It could be a reason for chest pain.
When there is poor blood flow or minimal blood flow, you can experience angina. This could also be because of the build-up of thick plaques on the arteries that carry blood.
- Aortic Dissection
This is another life-threatening cause that could prove to be highly damaging to your chest or heart. This happens when the inner layers of the blood vessels separate.
You may experience some sharp pain in your chest if you have this condition. It even gets worse while you are trying to lie down.
Our Digestive system often causes multiple problems to our entire body. But it is important to have the right diagnosis taken place by consulting a doctor.
Heartburn is a common disorder that can happen to anyone. It happens when the stomach acid washes up from the stomach and connects to the throat.
- Swallowing disorders
One of the primary causes of chest pain happens when there are disorders of the oesophagus. It can make swallowing more painful.
- Pancreas problems
A lot of people can go through problems in the gall bladder or pancreas. Formations of stones are very common, and this results in rising abdominal pain, starting with chest pain.
What is angina?
If you feel a squeezing, heaviness, or tightness on your chest, it could be early signs of angina. Angina is a coronary artery disease and is a major symptom of it. The feeling of high pressure and tightness in the chest can make it appear serious.
Angina could be happening to anyone without any notice. But it can recur over time depending on the severity. If you are suffering from angina, it can be treated by body medication, lifestyle changes, or angioplasty. The concept of angina is also called to be as ischemic chest pain.
Chest Pain Key Stats and Facts
- According to reports, up to 25% of the general population may face any form of chest pain at a certain time.
- In a Belgian study, it was discovered that chest pain in the emergency unit is considered to be around 2-5%, with primary care of 1-2%.
- The community of chest pain leading to cardiac arrests is slightly around 23 to 33 % depending on the population.
- It is understood that almost 21-49% of chest pain chronic cases lead to musculoskeletal problems.
- When it comes to pulmonary diseases, key stats and figures suggest that the ratio is around 12-4% of total patients.
- Out of all chest pain causes, it is estimated that almost 61% of the cases are diagnosed from home only.
Chest Pain Key Stats and Table
|Chest pain cohort N = 13 740 (%)||Control cohort N = 20 000 (%)||ORa (95% CI)|
|GERD||515 3.7||275 1.4||2.0 (1.7–2.3)|
|Dyspepsia||957 7||578 2.9||1.8 (1.6–2.0)|
|Pepticulcer disease||68 0.5||73 0.4||0.9 (0.6–1.3)|
|Anxiety||588 4.3||409 2||1.4 (1.2–1.6)|
|Stress||190 1.4||153 0.8||1.2 (1.0–1.5)|
|Sleep disorders||406 3||277 1.4||1.4 (1.2–1.6)|
|Coronary heart disease||1124 8.2||211 1.1||7.1 (6.1–8.2)|
|Heart failure||198 1.4||98 0.5||1.9 (1.5–2.4)|
|Asthma||766 5.6||608 3||1.2 (1.1–1.4)|
|COPD||286 2.1||155 0.8||1.7 (1.4–2.1)|
|Musculoskeletal disorders||1801 13.1||1737 8.7||1.2 (1.1–1.3)|
|Trauma/injury||1811 13.2||1742 8.7||1.3 (1.2–1.4)|
How to Prevent Chest pain?
Prevention is much important when it comes to getting relief from chest pain. Early diagnosis is very important in such cases. However, if you want to prevent chest pain, here are some tips that you can follow.
- A healthy diet could be an important step for prevention. For this, you will have to create a healthy plan for eating.
- If you keep exercising on a regular basis, you’ll maintain a good heart health
- Maintaining a healthy diet and keeping a tab on cholesterol levels will help you the most.
- You can keep a limit on the amount of alcohol and tobacco that you consume.
Remember one thing that was diagnosing your chest pain disorder is very important while you are trying to recover from severe chest pain. Consultation with your doctor is very important before you head out to any medical store for options.
[…] symptoms of female heart attack and go for a medical consultation at the first signs of chest pain symptoms for chest pain itself. Instead of talking unusually And discussing with more and more people, a better idea would […]
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.